- PRACTICE PERIOD
- The 2016 Practice Period will be from September 17 to October 15. See the Practice Period pages for details. Special events include:
Saturday, 9/17 Workshop 1:30-3:00
Visceral Awareness – Deep Relaxation and Focusing
Sunday, 9/18 Beach Sitting 10-12
Saturday, 9/24 Workshop 1:30‐3:00
The Ego-Self: Our Primary Addiction
9/25 Sitting with Daisan 10-12
Saturday, 10/1 Workshop 1:30‐3:00
Giving and Receiving in Practice
Sitting with Daisan 10-12
Work Practice 1:00-2:30
October 7-10 Sesshin
Saturday, 10/15 Closing Ceremony 11‐12
- August NEWSLETTER
- The August Newsletter includes announcements and an article: Appreciating What's Right.
- SESSHIN ENROLLMENT
- Enrollment is open for the October sesshin (October 7-10). This sesshin tends to fill quickly, so please apply early. An application is available at tinyurl.com/sesshin.
- Facebook Page
- ZCSD has a new FaceBook page for announcements and basic information. Like us at www.facebook.com/zencentersandiego.
- July NEWSLETTER
- The July Newsletter includes announcements and an article: Self-Indulgence.
- Sesshin Cancellations
- With the on-line sesshin application process solidly in place, we have been receiving a greater number of applicants. As a result, there is typically a wait list of hopeful attendees. Last minute cancellations often preclude a wait list applicant from being able to attend and results in unnecessary food costs. In the future, we will be imposing the cancellation fees described in the acceptance notice. We understand that emergencies and illnesses arise and will certainly take those circumstances into consideration. Thank You.
- Membership Dues
- Zen Center members are now able to pay dues with PayPal. You may pay dues monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually. Payments can also be scheduled for automatic payment from a checking account or credit card. There is a small transaction fee for the service which has been added to the payment (about 3% -- for a monthly dues payment of $30, the fee will be $1). We encourage members to pay their dues with PayPal to help us streamline accounting procedures at ZCSD.