- REQUEST FOR DONATIONS
- ZCSD invites you to make a year-end contribution to the center. Your donation will help us balance the books, and also avoid raising sesshin fees and membership dues. Donations are tax deductible. We welcome your support.
- NEW YEAR'S BRUNCH
- Please join us for the annual New Year's smorgasbord brunch, with traditional brunch fare, from 11am -2pm on January 1 at Tom Ham's Lighthouse on Harbor Island. It is a beautiful spot overlooking the water and a great opportunity to catch up with other members of the Zen Center community in a relaxed environment. We encourage you to attend, since this is our only planned social gathering of the year. Family and friends are welcome!
The cost of the brunch is $25 per person. Children under 12 are $12.50. Although you can pay at the door, we encourage everyone to sign up and pay by December 20th since the restaurant needs to know how many people plan to attend. We have set up a PayPal payment option for the brunch. We will also have an envelope in the zendo kitchen if you’d rather pay by check. Payments for the brunch are non-refundable. Since we are being charged for the rental of the space as much as for the food, please be sure to pay if you attend, even if you choose not to eat. We hope to see you there!
- November NEWSLETTER
- The November Newsletter includes announcements and an article: Attachment and Precision.
- DECEMBER SESSHIN
- Enrollment is full for the 5-day December sesshin (December 26–31), but you may still apply to be on the wait list. If you can’t attend the full
five days you can apply for the first or last three days. Please use our new online application. We've added online payment via PayPal. So the center doesn't get charged for the transaction, there will be a convenience fee included starting with the December sesshin. Those who do not want to pay this fee can still apply online and pay with a check or cash.
- SESSHIN DATES FOR 2016
- Here are the dates for 2016 sesshins:
- Membership Dues
- Zen Center members are now able to pay dues with PayPal. You may pay dues monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually. Payments can also be scheduled for automatic payment from a checking account or credit card. There is a small transaction fee for the service which has been added to the payment (about 3% -- for a monthly dues payment of $30, the fee will be $1). We encourage members to pay their dues with PayPal to help us streamline accounting procedures at ZCSD.
- OCTOBER NEWSLETTER
- The October Newsletter includes announcements, sesshin application, and an article: Three Main Points in Practicing with Relationships.