- SUNDAY BEACH SITTING
- There will be a sitting at the ocean (near Law Street in Pacific Beach) on Sunday morning, July 17th, from 10:00-12:30. We will sit facing the ocean for three 30 minute periods, interspersed with two 20 minute gatha walks. It will end with an informal meal - please bring your own lunch. Also bring a cushion or chair to sit on. We will meet at 9:50 at Law St. near the restrooms before going down to the beach to the right of Law Street. Please leave enough time to find a parking space.
- July NEWSLETTER
- The July Newsletter includes announcements and an article: Self-Indulgence.
- SESSHIN ENROLLMENT
- Enrollment is open for the August sesshin (August 9-14). This is a 5-day sesshin, but you may apply to only attend the first or last 3 days. Priority will be given to those who can attend all 5 days. An application is available at http://tinyurl.com/sesshin.
- YEAR SESSHIN SCHEDULE
- Here is the sesshin schedule for 2017:
February 17-20 (San Diego)
April 11-16 (San Diego)
June 8-11 (Questhaven)
August 8-13 (San Diego)
October 6-9 (San Diego)
December 26-31 (San Diego)
- JUNE NEWSLETTER
- The June Newsletter includes announcements and an article: Two Directions of Practice.
- Sesshin Cancellations
- With the on-line sesshin application process solidly in place, we have been receiving a greater number of applicants. As a result, there is typically a wait list of hopeful attendees. Last minute cancellations often preclude a wait list applicant from being able to attend and results in unnecessary food costs. In the future, we will be imposing the cancellation fees described in the acceptance notice. We understand that emergencies and illnesses arise and will certainly take those circumstances into consideration. Thank You.
- Membership Dues
- Zen Center members are now able to pay dues with PayPal. You may pay dues monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually. Payments can also be scheduled for automatic payment from a checking account or credit card. There is a small transaction fee for the service which has been added to the payment (about 3% -- for a monthly dues payment of $30, the fee will be $1). We encourage members to pay their dues with PayPal to help us streamline accounting procedures at ZCSD.